Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pink help — Parallax Forums

Pink help

jcpilotjcpilot Posts: 4
edited 2005-11-23 04:15 in BASIC Stamp
I just purchased the PINK module and I am having a difficult time getting my Basic Stamp 2P-24 to communicate with the PINK module.· I tried using the simple programs to read and write the regisiters in the pink module.· Any suggestions?· Thanks, John

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-22 20:28
    Have you adjusted your baud rate parameters in the code for the BS2p?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • jcpilotjcpilot Posts: 4
    edited 2005-11-22 20:35
    Yes, I have the PINK set at 2400 and the BS2P set to 1021 for a baud rate of 2400.
  • GearHeadGearHead Posts: 23
    edited 2005-11-22 20:40
    I used the setup utility on the CD to test the IP and baud rate. After saving it, I had the same problem. I used the stamps web page which had the wrong rate set, so I set it there and it fixed the problem.
    edited 2005-11-22 20:45
    What is the stamps web page and how do I access the web page?
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-11-22 23:39
    Jcpilot,

Can you get to the nb_factory.htm page? (Use the IP of the module/nb_factory.htm)-

For example:

XX.XX.XX.XX/nb_factory.htm

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
    edited 2005-11-23 00:18
    Ryan,
    Thanks for your help and everyone else's suggestions.· I figured the problem out.· It was the BS2p I am using, I can only use 1200 baud to communicate with the PINK module.
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-11-23 00:53
    You should be able to use well over 1200 with a BS2p-

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • aliniousalinious Posts: 51
    edited 2005-11-23 04:15
    jcpilot,

Are you using any of the SERIN input formatters (WAIT for example). I believe the BS2 series sometimes has trouble synchronizing themseleves with baud rates over 2400 bps when input formatters are used.

On-the-other-hand, it might be possible that the BS2p is missing the serial output from the PINK (such as a SEROUT request for a PINK variable and then SERIN). I was thinking a small momentary pause between the SEROUT and SERIN statements may help.

These were just a couple of ideas I had and, if I get the chance, I may try it out in my setup.

If you have the chance, I would upload the source code so that we could see what it is doing.

Alan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I learn when I succeed, but I learn more when I fail."