Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question regarding CMUcam — Parallax Forums

Question regarding CMUcam

maxxmaxx Posts: 14
edited 2005-11-17 20:13 in BASIC Stamp
Hi guys,
········ I have a boe bot which i would like it to go from point A to point B with the help of two IRs and a Cmu cam. Point B will have A Red beacon with IR tranciever. The problem is the I can't dump the frames from the CMUcam in the gui. Everytime i use the gui and i open the port then send rs "reset" the GUI program·halt up and i have to close it. Any ideas of how i can see the pictures from the CMUcam in my pc before i start coding??

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-11-17 16:36
    Maxx,

If you are using the Parallax version, you can't without modifying the CMUcam, as far as I know. The Parallax version is limited to 9600 baud, and the CMUcam needs to be running at 115k to dump frames at full res. I have started but not finished writing some code for the hydrogen robot to do so. It's been on the back burner for a while now. The modification is easy, but will certainly void the warranty. All you have to do is unsolder the jumper across the baud rate selection pin. While Parallax modestly claims the p40 won't reliably communicate at that speed, mine does so no problem. However, YMMV!!

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • maxxmaxx Posts: 14
    edited 2005-11-17 20:13
    Unfortunately i didn't buy the CMUcam from parallax. Mine comes with a serial cable and a separate microcontroller for the cam. I took the microcontroller off the cam so i can enable the stamp to work with it i was successful in downloading some demo program on the stamp and it worked just fine with the camera. But the problem i want to be able to see the pictures from the cam??