Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
CMUCAM2+ and the BS2 — Parallax Forums

CMUCAM2+ and the BS2

Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
edited 2005-11-14 02:04 in BASIC Stamp
Any had any experience in connecting a CMUCAM2+ to a BS2?· I did a quick search through the posts but didn't see anything... The Parallax verion of the CMUCAM is kind of old and outdated... If I am going to invest in a CMUCAM I would like to get the latest and greatest.· Does Parallax have any plans on coming out with a new version?

And before someone makes the suggestion, I have also posted an e-mail to the folks at CMU to see what they say... I will add their response to this thread for others who may be interested.

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-11-13 19:23
    I think the only 'big' thing done with one is the M-Sorter...at least that I've read.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-13 19:24
    The M-Sorter used the TAOS Color Sensor, not the CMUCam...But nice thought!· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-11-13 19:26
    haha....that's 2 you've caught me on in the last 12hours....me thinks its time to chase dust bunnies!!

Thanks Chris! [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-11-14 00:19
    Great... still at ground zero! Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
  • LarryLarry Posts: 212
    edited 2005-11-14 02:04
    I've used the original CMUcam and the CMUcam2. I think the 2+ is the same firmware as the 2, but you'll need to check with acroname. The two cameras work the same way, with the same camera and the same command set for the features they have in common. The additional features of the newer models don't look to be any big deal to implement. you poll the camera for the info you want the same way as for the original features.

As to getting "the latest and greatest", the main feature I see on the newer model is motion sensing. Pretty useless if you are using the camera on a moving robot. I wouldn't spend twice as mich money unless I new I'd use the features in question.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔