Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is the stamp aprropriate — Parallax Forums

Is the stamp aprropriate

enfoxenfox Posts: 3
edited 2005-11-13 00:54 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to know if the stamp is an appropriate choice for a project I am working on.

I have a sensor that will be outputing various currents over a period of time. I need to be able to take a reading from the sensor periodically with a set pause between each reading and then sending it to the computer to take the readings and extract information from the readings (matlab).

If the stamp is able to do this what commands do I need to look at, will I need to save the data on the onboard memory (is this tricky to do) or can I just send the data over the serial port after each reading (does it take long to send data to the computer)?

Thank You

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2005-11-13 00:54
    You might want to download the Stamps in Class manuals and take a look at the projects inside. I don't think there is a single manual that doesn't include at least 1 sensor of some sort, and some of the advanced manuals use several.

Here is a link to the curriculum flowchart. The Sensors & Industrial branch will probably be most relevant to your needs. Click on the picture for the kit description, and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the current downloads associated with the course.

Link: www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/siccurriculum/documentation_sic_curriculum.asp

With these downloads you should be able to get started in the right direction.