Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
.bat activated download of stamp routine — Parallax Forums

.bat activated download of stamp routine

MacroEngMacroEng Posts: 4
edited 2005-11-12 02:31 in BASIC Stamp
I am interested in creating a batch file that will automatically download a routine to a stamp.

Are DOS commands sufficient for this activity?· Or is a Windows macro more suited?
Do I merely copy the .bpx file to the correct COM port?· Is this possible with DOS?

Any help is appreciated.
Matthew

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-11-11 17:21
    Sure -- you can call StampW.exe from a command line, telling it to compile and download a file completely silently (the Scribbler Robot IDE takes advantage of this capability).· You can see all of the switches using the /help switch

>stampw.exe /help

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-11-11 17:21
    In the Parallax IDE, if you go to File, Generate Object Code, you can then generate an EXE file of your object code and a loader for that code.

Then, when you execute that EXE file, the resulting code will be downloaded to a connected BS2.

You could also select to create a StampLoader.exe, and a *.OBJ file of your compiled code. In this case, I believe you can download with a command line "StampLoader /COM1 /NoInfo Myobj.obj"

For more detail, run "Stamploader /?", and you'll see a page with all the options.

Note the difference between this approach, and the StampW.exe approach, is in this one you store your code as a tokenized form, where with StampW.exe you store it as source.

Up to you which one you pick.· Either way the same code gets downloaded into your BS2.
  • MacroEngMacroEng Posts: 4
    edited 2005-11-12 02:31
    Thanks guys.· Your speed with which you have answered has been greatly appreciated.·

Matthew