Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
M-Sorter Question — Parallax Forums

M-Sorter Question

Piper984Piper984 Posts: 74
edited 2005-11-10 15:35 in BASIC Stamp
My question has to do with the placement of the 'rotor plate' relative to the servo...

I followed the directions and attached the rotor plate to the servo 'x' coupler and placed into the·assembly so that just a little bit of the far right slot of showing, but when I run the source code from Parallax the rotor arm bangs in to the TOA sensor standoff a bit.· And the indexing movement does seem to put an M&M under the sensor in time with the LED strobes...

I·tried indexing the rotator plate counter clockwise and recoupled to the servo, but one 'tooth' on the servo seems to be too much and doesn't look like an M&M could fall out when I do this.

I studied the video on the website, and it doesn't appear that the rotor plate is hitting the sensor standoff at all.· Any advise on the best placement of the plate?· If I removed the 'X' servo coupler and index 90 degrees, would I perhaps have a better alighment ?

Hopefully my desciption is clear enough.

Thanks for any help!

Post Edited (Piper984) : 11/10/2005 2:44:44 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-10 15:22
    Hello,

·· All servos have some variance in them.· You cannot always use the same code on one system as the next.· Often you must make minor adjustments to compensate for servo variances.· Adjust your numbers so the servo moves where it should.· Most people using this will have to make minor adjustments to the code.· You can also try the code from the following page (See the links from the contest).· There are codes that will allow you to calibrate the servo in one of the entries.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30067

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Piper984Piper984 Posts: 74
    edited 2005-11-10 15:32
    Ok Chris. Thanks for the data. I'll review the code and see what should be tweaked.

Regards,
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-10 15:35
    Specifically what you'll need to adjust is the PULSOUT values for the positions we just talked about.· I'm sorry I wasn't more clear on that, still recovering today (Sick).· Anyway somewhere in the code there will be values for when the servo stops at the various positions.· Adjust these until the servo is no longer hitting the stop, and the other for when the servo position is under the sensor.· Good luck.· As I said, one of those programs has a calibration routine which allows you to set it up before running the main working code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com