Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp 1 rev DX — Parallax Forums

basic stamp 1 rev DX

vikingviking Posts: 30
edited 2005-11-11 02:33 in BASIC Stamp
The wiring terminals are differant on the dx compared to the D which I was used to I have a 7.5 V transformer outputting 10v dcwired in to the battery terminals with an adapter I am triggering·ssr relays just like I have on the rev D I have the GRN wire going to the GRN terminal on the ssr.However I am not getting any out put from the stamp. The program is a simple pin out pin off routine for 4 pins. I am using term 2 for the GRN the first 3 pins on the bs are marked Vss. Am I wrong?

Comments

• vikingviking Posts: 30
    edited 2005-11-10 00:14
    I found the problem. Was in the programming. But I have pin #3 that will not output. It is connected to the ssr. With the + wire connected from pin3 I get no reading with it removed I get a reading of 4.5vdc. I switched it to another relay that was working from pin 1 same thing. Rewied and reprogrammed and used pin 5 for # 3 Works good. This is a new stamp.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-11-10 02:21
    If you think you have a bad Stamp you can call our Sales Department for an RMA.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2005-11-10 14:30
    Also, are you sure that you have a ground between the Stamp and SSR?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...
  • vikingviking Posts: 30
    edited 2005-11-11 02:33
    Thank you Mr. Williams. I just may do that.For now I worked around it substituting pin 5 for three. Just had to program diffeant. Since this is a Christmas light display I have to get it up and going. Again Thanks.