Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No BASIC Stamp Found — Parallax Forums

No BASIC Stamp Found

student984student984 Posts: 4
edited 2005-11-07 05:30 in BASIC Stamp
I have read through old threads and have seen a lot of people have had this issue.· My stamp worked fine for several weeks, now 19 times out of 20 I try to reprogram it and I get the "No BASIC Stamp Found" error message.· Everything is connected correctly, I have disable FIFO in the device manager, replaced the battery with a brand new one, tried a different stamp, and I know the cable works fine.· I have even re-installed the BASIC Stamp software.· HELP?!?!!

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 11/6/2005 2:51:47 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-06 02:51
    Hello,

·· By the way your message is worded, 1 in 20 times you can program the Stamp.· So it would seem to be some sort of intermittent problem (Or in your case, intermittent self-correction).· In any event, what Stamp Module are you using?· What board is it on?· What is the power supply?· How is it connected (USB or Serial) to your computer and what type of computer do you have (Laptop/Desktop).· Too many details are often better than too few (Or none at all).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • student984student984 Posts: 4
    edited 2005-11-06 03:21
    I am using a BS2 Board of Education connected serially to my desktop (however I had the same problem when I tried on a laptop).· It is being powered with a 9v battery which is new.·

On a side note, I am using it with an Amulet touchpanel.....so I am programming·the panel·and then programming the BS2, back and forth.· Could it be that the comm settings are different for the Amulet than the BS2 and is preventing communication?· I have only 1 Com port.· What's weird is I have been using the 2 devices for weeks going back and forth as I said, yet it wasn't until a few days ago that this trouble started.· At the moment, I am programming the Amulet on my PC (XP), and programming the stamp on a friend's laptop (not the same one I mentioned earlier).· This is the only explanation I can come to, since, any changes I have made (new battery, disabled FIFO, different BS2) did not seem to have any effect.· The few times it worked properly it seemed as though it was more random than anything else.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-06 04:33
    Well I thought I had it there for just a second...If you are using a program which holds the COM Port open and you try to program the Stamp the Editor won't be able to open the port.· But if you're doing this on two different machines then the only two things I can think of if you're already disabled the FIFO buffers is the battery or unplugging anything you have connected to any I/O pins, or even connected to power on the BOE then trying again.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ejdarlingejdarling Posts: 24
    edited 2005-11-07 05:30
    Seems just like mine. See "failure to communicate", posted nearby by ejdarling.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -Eric