Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Amulet Technologies touch panel — Parallax Forums

Amulet Technologies touch panel

student984student984 Posts: 4
edited 2005-11-03 05:24 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all.· New to the forum so not sure if this has been brought up before (I didnt see anything) so please bear with me.· I am working on a school project and have never used a stamp controller before but have used languages similar to PBASIC in the past.· I am using a Amulet Technologies touchpanel as a conrol panel for my project.· This panel uses something similar to HTML (uHTML) to design screens so this part is very easy to do.· However, I am having difficulty in passing the data from the panel to the stamp.· For example, I need to program a button on the screen to, when pushed, send a signal to the stamp which will then output to an electrical box to control a set of relays.· I know that these panels are made for use with Parallax controllers (I have a BS2) and that it can be done very easily but I just don't know how to pass a "variable" from the touch screen so that it is properly interpreted by the stamp.· Any suggestions, guidance, help is very very much appreciated!!· Thank you.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-03 04:03
    student,

·· Have you tried this web page?· Lots of information on actual apps using the Amulet.· The example codes may help you with what you are trying to do.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/products/audiovisual/amulet_gui.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • student984student984 Posts: 4
    edited 2005-11-03 05:24
    Yeah I have looked at the examples givin on that page however I am still having trouble recognizing where/how the variable/value is passed from the uHTML page to the PBasic program.· I read through all the function calls and dont see where the values were passed.· Also, I am unsure of which Amulet function to be using (I am trying to use the Amulet:UART.setByteValue() function to do this) to do this, and its possible I am approaching this all wrong.· I believe that once I figure out HOW this is done, I will be able to get the rest running smoothly.·