Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help with Phone Line interface with a BS2P-40. — Parallax Forums

Need help with Phone Line interface with a BS2P-40.

JMLStamp2pJMLStamp2p Posts: 259
edited 2005-11-01 19:39 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all, I have built the phone line interface as shown on page 169 of the Basic stamp ref. manual. I am running a program that brings in the relay and from there I get a dial tone. I have a telephone handset and can monitor the touch tones being generated and the called party picking up the line on the receiving end. My problem is this, the wrong touch tones are being interpeted on the receiving end at times and it calls some unfortunate being freaked.gif

The line does not seem to have any noise on it and my computer does not have any problem makng a connection on-line.
Does anyone have experience with this and maybe recommend a filter circuit or something that might help ?

JMLStamp2p

P.S. I am using a BS2P-40 on a PDB board with the built-in RJ-11 jack ...

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-01 15:39
    Hello,

·· Just to confirm, do you·have the jumper blocks removed from the RJ-11 jack on the PDB?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • JMLStamp2pJMLStamp2p Posts: 259
    edited 2005-11-01 18:26
    Yes, I have them both removed ...
    Chris, I have checked to see if the tones are consistant and they are not. When I have it dial a certain number the tones are generated correctly maybe 2 out of 10 times. For some reason it seems to output the higher tones correctly more-so than the lower tones. I have checked this by monitoring the calls in my area wich is (839). It doesn't seem to be effected much unless the tones are closer togather.
    My computer is not effected at all even though the modem dials tones quickly.

JMLStamp2p
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-01 19:23
    Some changes might need to be made in the circuit you're using to interface the Stamp I/O pin to the phone line.· I will see if I can find any information on this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • JMLStamp2pJMLStamp2p Posts: 259
    edited 2005-11-01 19:39
    Chris, Thank you for your help, (As Allways) :>)