Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
uMMC Serial Data Module — Parallax Forums

uMMC Serial Data Module

RClemonsRClemons Posts: 3
edited 2005-11-02 01:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I'm in the process of using a Rogue Robotics uMMC Serial Data Module with my BS2p40 for mass data storage of thermocouple data. Has anyone successfully used the uMMC module with the BS2? I can't get the BS2 to write successfully to the SD card and believe the problem is in my code. If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Also, I'll be more than willing to post the successful project with codes and schematics as I've seen others with questions regarding data storage using the uMMC SDM.

Thanks!

Rick Clemons

Comments

• Piper984Piper984 Posts: 74
    edited 2005-11-01 13:55
    Hi Rick,

I have the MP3 player variant from Rogue. I use it with a BS2p40. I've not tried to write to the SD card yet, but I have read files and triggered the MP3 player with success. Can you read from the SD card alright? I'll try to write a text file from BS2p40 tonight and post back my code if I have any luck.

Regards,

Chris
  • RClemonsRClemons Posts: 3
    edited 2005-11-01 17:11
    Chris,

I have not been able to read from the SD card either. Your code that allowed you to successfully read files and trigger the MP3 player might help, and I would be interested in taking a look at it to compare to my code if it's available.

Thanks,

Rick
  • Piper984Piper984 Posts: 74
    edited 2005-11-02 01:57
    Ok, here's a snip that works.· My BS2p40 and by PDB are all setup for another project at the moment, so I got out a BS2 w/·my BOE.· The serial out baud # will need to be adjusted for your BS2p40.· Also, I'm using an uMP3, so I'm not sure if you need the 'FC' prefix in the serial commands or not.

To open a file 'TEST.TXT' for append:
    SEROUT 15,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"FC O 1 A /TEST.TXT",CR]
    (Rx is wired to P15 on BS2, 84 is 9600 baud on BS2.· use 240 for BS2p40)

To Write a string to the text file:
    SEROUT 15,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"FC W 1 6",CR]
    SEROUT 15,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"HELLO",CR]
    (where 6 is the number of bytes in HELLO{cr}

To close the file:
    SEROUT 15,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"FC C 1",CR]

And if you've got the uMP3, and a Bob Marley MP3 @ the root of the SD card:
    SEROUT 15,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"PC F /THREE_LITTLE_BIRDS.MP3",CR]
    will play a tune to let you know the program finished. smile.gif

Hope that helps!·
    Chris