Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF digital transmission of morse code signals — Parallax Forums

RF digital transmission of morse code signals

CrystalionxCrystalionx Posts: 18
edited 2005-11-01 04:30 in BASIC Stamp
I programmed a BS2 to send out a morse code signals through a piezo, just by altering the simple alarm program.· Now, I am trying to use the RF digital devices to transmit the signal from one BS2 to another.· Is this possible?· I am trying to utilize the serout/serin commands according to the instructions, but I cannot figure out what the value would be.· Any suggestions about programming the BS2 to transmit such a signal.· Thanks.

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-10-31 23:01
    The more info you give us, the better we can help....

What RF modules are you referring to? How about attaching your code?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-10-31 23:18
    As Steve said, we need to know what hardware you are using. However, what you want to do is simple. The SEROUT commands will not send mores code per se. However, if you have a Stamp on the reciver end, you can translate the SEROUT commands back into morse code, just as you are doing now

Another way, depending on the transmitter and reciver type you are using, would be to use the PWM command to pulse the transmitter input with the Stamp using "real" morse code, meaning sending long and short pulses of the standard length. Depending on the reciver, you may need to drive the piezo with a transisitor or not. This would allow you not to have to have a stamp on the receiving end if all you want is a wireless remote beeper. Tell us more and I', sure we can help.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-11-01 04:30
    Err, I meant the FREQOUT command, not the PWM command.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot