Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A puzzling little problem — Parallax Forums

A puzzling little problem

GabeGabe Posts: 24
edited 2005-10-24 14:03 in BASIC Stamp
Hi guys

I been working with this EB500 module on this BS2p40 development board. As the module requires 15 pins, so i just plug it into the designated 15 pin slot on the development board. These pins took up the entire 15 MAINIO pins of the Stamp and with the AUXIO pins left, I connected it to my other parts such as a 8 pin keypad, 2 pin serial LCD and another 2 pins to an external EEPROM.

Everything have been working well until today. I was running a program which required the usage of the latter 3 parts. Then when I decided to plug in the EB500, the program I was running before began to restart itself again and again.

Also, I·was notified·by the tokenizer that the program I had was tokenized but not downloaded to the Stamp due ·to a "hardware communication error: Please check your Serial Cable or Power Supply" , with the EB500 plugged in. This·error disappears when I took out the EB500.

Previously when I had all 4 parts connected to their respective pins it didn't have such a problem, that is why I am rather baffled as to why the EB500 on the MAINIO pins would actually interfere with the running of the program when the other 3 parts (keypad, LCD, EEPROM) are on the AUXIO pins.

So, I was wondering if my EB500 is spoilt (which is highly unlikely because I could still get it to do some connection to remote devices) or is there a short somewhere? Or is there any other problems that I might need to pay attention to?

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Gab

·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-10-24 14:03
    Gabe,

·· Having the EB500 plugged into the board does not use up all 16 I/O pins on the main bank.· A list of pins used is in the manual.· In any event, how long was this setup running before you started having problems?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com