Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp not being detected — Parallax Forums

basic stamp not being detected

defiantdefiant Posts: 2
edited 2005-10-23 10:35 in BASIC Stamp
Hi...im getting an error when i try uploading code to the board. The error is "No basic Stamp found". However, when i run the identify test, it shows "yes" in both columns for COM port 1.· I tried changing the setting to the FIFO buffers as suggested in the troubleshooting section of the "robotics with the boe-bot" text..however this doesnt seem to change anything..still doesnt detect the stamp...any suggestions?

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-10-22 22:17
    defiant-

Presuming your "board" and thus the Stamp are battery powered, try replacing the battery with a known good battery. If that fails to help the situation, a bit more information may be required:

Which "board" are you using for programming, and which PBASIC Stamp are you attempting to program?

Which operating system is the computer using?

What kind of computer are you using? If you're using a laptop from battery power, try using the wall outlet powered power pack instead.

Are you using a purchased programming cable, or one which you constructed yourself?

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • defiantdefiant Posts: 2
    edited 2005-10-23 10:35
    Hey thanks Bruce...the new batteries fixed the issue.· I guess there wasn't enough juice going to the stamp...