Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic stamp controlled Robosapien via IR — Parallax Forums

Basic stamp controlled Robosapien via IR

stigstig Posts: 1
edited 2005-10-22 15:41 in BASIC Stamp
Got my self a nice Robosapien v1. planing to create a IR transmitter that would be able to live transmit comands from my Mac via keyspan adabter and a stamp BoE, using MACBS2.
Have any done a similar prosjekt? My questions are: The modulation part I understand, but the actual "message"? how is it written in basic code? does anyone have a code exemple I can look at? the site[noparse]:http:[/noparse]//www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ebuehl/robosapien-lirc/ir_codes.htm is on this subject, but Im not very experienced in basic stamp an ir comunication..

stig

smurf.gif

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-10-22 13:21
    SERVO magazine had an article last year about hacking the Robosapien with IR, but they interfaced with fiber optic cable. There was a competion and all the hacks seemed very well done. You may find some of your code examples too.

Intially there was a big interest in hacking the Robosapien, but after that fell off the publications seem to have moved on to other projects. You might start a group on Google.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • LarryLarry Posts: 212
    edited 2005-10-22 15:41
    Robosapien uses the Philips control protocol, instead of the Sony protocol that is normally implemented in most of the Stamp stuff I've seen. It's not too hard to implement if you just used pulsout and Pause statements to get the timings.

Here's a place to start . In this example, the serial connection is hard wired into the IR sensor connection on the RoboSapien board, but there is no reason it couldn't be done with the IR link. The example is on a microcontroller with a 4 MHz clock. similar to the Stamp 1, so you will need to convert Pulsout commands to Stamp2 timings.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/robert_gatt/robosapien/robosapien.htm

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔