Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
etrex and basic stamp — Parallax Forums

etrex and basic stamp

DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
edited 2005-10-17 19:45 in Robotics
I realize that there are many topics on gps(even an entire pdf) for the basic stamp yet everything i have found so far either a, doesn't work. or b is WAY To complex for me

Can somebody help me:

*Retrieve info from my etrex.
*Display that info in a debug console
*display heading, speed, and clock time
*maybe display elevation

thanx in advance,

DiablodeMorte

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-10-17 02:35
    use the search function in this forum and you'll find scads of info on GPS's and the stamp.

to be honest....if you're not willing to put the time in to researching this stuff, you probably won't find someone willing to do all the work for you!

The stamps are pretty versatile. spend the time and reading through their online documentation! The 'What's a Microcontroller' book is their entry book for people just getting in to stampin....it'll be well worth your time to know how to troubleshoot the program when you get it!

(You can only be hand held so far....) [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
    edited 2005-10-17 16:58
    steve_b·said...
    use the search function in this forum and you'll find scads of info on GPS's and the stamp.
    Um. I have. I've searched for gps on the forum and all that I have found are either ppl like you sugesting to search the forum(which obviously doesn't work all the time) or a pdf that is MUCH to complex for me to understand. I want something simple. I don't even need all the code. Just suggestions on how to do it
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-10-17 17:27
    Diablo,

GPS is not really a cut-and-paste kind of thing -- it's tricky, and there's no getting around that.· That said, I've posted a bunch of GPS programs (including the complicated one you keep referring to) so the hard work (convert GPS specifications to working code)·has been done.· All you have to do is dig in and learn how the code works so you can modify it for yourself.· I'll re-post several examples here for your convenience.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
    edited 2005-10-17 19:45
    Thank You!. I'll look at it. I'm not at home right now so I can't open them up atm. If you read this before I get home, are any of those files bs2(not bs2p) complient?

EDIT: As it turns out i didn't look at the file extensions. I see that many of those files are bs2 complient