Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
temperature on LCD — Parallax Forums

temperature on LCD

SilverApeSilverApe Posts: 5
edited 2005-10-16 16:23 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I have the NX-1000 24/40 board with the the StampWorks book (kit).
I was working on experiment #28 and at the end of that experiment there is a challenge to make it work with the LCD module.
The experiment was about temperature measurement with the DS1620.

I first made the connections (see image attachment), then I wanted to merge the LCD (ex#11) code with the temperature measurement (ex#28) code.
This did not go as I planned rolleyes.gif
In the attachment (file) you can see what I dit, this is not the only thing I have tried. I did some more drastic things to, but they also failed.

I am no programmer and nog technician, so I have to learn allot, but I like it so I want to learn.
If someone could help me out with this problem and also explain one thing or two that would be great.

thanks in advance
Aaron
608 x 544 - 10K

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-10-16 12:47
    First things first. Start with the basic LCD programs to make sure your LCD is working, then try a basic DS1620 program to make sure it is working -- after that you can start on the integration. I wrote StampWorks to turn hobbyists into Stamp programmers, so if you've skipped right to the end chapters you've missed a lot of material that would help you through thsi.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • SilverApeSilverApe Posts: 5
    edited 2005-10-16 13:19
    I did that, and that went very well. But you say that if I did that I must be able to make this work? Than I gues I will have to try again.
    I am a real newbie, I even have to figure out what each symbol stands for and how to connect everything, but with the help of internet I am learning that to.

thanks
    Aaron
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-10-16 13:29
    If you don't know what all the symbols mean or how to connect things (with confidence), let me suggest you put StampWorks on hold and read through our "What's A Microcontroller?" text -- that will build your confidence with connecting circuitry to the BASIC Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • SilverApeSilverApe Posts: 5
    edited 2005-10-16 14:08
    I will do that.

thanks for the help and info

Aaron
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-10-16 16:23
    Aaron et al -

This is not directed "at" you Aaron, it just happens that you started this thread smile.gif

Please take a look at the separate topic I started, entitled "The Parallax Advantage". After reading it, I suspect you'll better understand why we all encourage self-learning through the materials that Parallax has to offer. You'll never regret it, whether you view "Stamping" as just a hobby or as something more than that.

Regards,

Bruce Bates