Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
OPTAscope 81m Help Files — Parallax Forums

OPTAscope 81m Help Files

Joe FishbackJoe Fishback Posts: 99
edited 2006-02-07 04:49 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I am using the OPTAscope 81M and running Parallax USB Oscilloscope Rev 4.0 software. Clicking on "Help-Help" does nothing. Clicking on "Help-Online Help" goes to the Parallax site , but displays the following message -"Product 28119/index_files/online.htm was not found in the current product inventory". What I am doing wrong? How can I use the Help menu?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
······ Joe Fishback

-Robots are my friends-

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-10-12 04:00
    Joe,

Excellent question. The USB Oscilloscope software is pointing to a link which does not exist. Here is the page which describes how to access the Help file:

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/scope.asp

And you shall be excited to know that we're really close to releasing NEW USB Oscilloscope software! The new software dramatically increases the visual display capabilities of this product. We expected to complete the software last August, but I think we're within a couple of weeks at this point.

Also, check out the Understanding Signals text. It is a free download and an excellent printed "help" file for the USB Oscilloscope. The Help examples are wound up with applications and demos.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey - Robots are my friend, too
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Joe FishbackJoe Fishback Posts: 99
    edited 2005-10-12 17:47
    Ken,

Thanks, I have the "Understanding Signals text", but this should hep. Looking forward to the new software. I have been happy with my scope and the text. You can not beat the price for learning signals or for a scope to trouble shooting Stamp projects.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ······ Joe Fishback

-Robots are my friends-
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-11-16 01:02
    Ken,
    Do you expect the new Oscilloscope software will be available by the end of this year? Will it run under Windows 98SE?
    edited 2005-11-16 02:19
    Hi Joe and Forrest:

It's actually nearly complete, but it was derailed with a couple of other product development efforts about a month ago. Those projects are finished and Doug (the USB Oscilloscope engineer) will be back on this software in the next two weeks. Expect to see it before the holidays. And I apologize for the delay - it's my fault this time.
    Not sure about Win98SE - will find out.

Thanks,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • DigitalDaveDigitalDave Posts: 3
    edited 2006-02-05 18:36
    Hi Ken,
    I also have been waiting for the new USB Oscilloscope software update. Have I missed this release somehow? The d/l section still
    showes version 4.0.
    Thanks Dave
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-05 18:44
    I believe the USB 'Scope is undergoing a "green" overhaul right now to make it ROHS-compliant -- that's probably the cause of the delay.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    edited 2006-02-06 01:17
    Jon is correct. We were preparing to release the software, but the entire PCB had to be redesigned to become RoHS-compliant. It's not the way we want to use our time (or the way you want us to use our time) but it had to be done. So we're now in the prototype, design, prototype, go to fab cycle with a fairly complex PCB.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2006-02-06 15:21
    Wanting my cake, and eating it too, is the speed by chance being increased, or will the RoHS version have the same specs as the current version? I understand that this probably falls into the same "there are better things for us to be doing" category, but I just "had to ask".

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.

8 + 8 = 10
    edited 2006-02-07 04:49
    Hi John R:

Same specifications on the USB Oscilloscope. However, the new [noparse][[/noparse]yet to be released] software makes better use of the scope's throughput. In other words, the current software doesn't display data at the same rate the oscilloscope sends it to the PC.

- Ken