Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where to start — Parallax Forums

Where to start

FerretFerret Posts: 4
edited 2005-10-06 22:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I recieved mi order today but i'm not sure where to start.
This are the parts that i have, a BOE USB, BS2 IC and a continuous rotating servo.

What i want to do is write a sequence for the servo, load it in the BS2 and run it.
Where do i start?

Thx

Comments

• Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2005-10-06 13:23
    I would recommend starting with the "What's a Microcontroller?" text which is a free download from the Parallax web-site. The "Robotics" text would probably be next (by then, you should be able to build a space station <g>)...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...
  • FerretFerret Posts: 4
    edited 2005-10-06 22:37
    Thats what i needed, i did the led and servo tutorials.
    Now i can controll servos and use leds for debuging, i even got the ping sensor to work, all in a few hours.

Tomorow i want to conect it to the rc car that i have but have a question about it.
    The power that i use for the boe is 6Volt, the power to drive the rc car is 12Volt.

The steering servo is conected to the reciever, the motor is conected to some sort of controler wich is then conected to the reciever.
    Can i conect the conections that go in the reciever to the servo controles of the boe without damaging anything?
  • gtmizegtmize Posts: 9
    edited 2005-10-06 22:50
    I've been working on a similar RatShack Stamp project .. it will be very hard ( impossible ) to go 'both' ways ..

The connections the Stamp needs will require that you cut all motor and servo leads and reroute them to the Stamp.