Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with CMUCam — Parallax Forums

Help with CMUCam

keroo_maxkeroo_max Posts: 8
edited 2005-10-05 05:11 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everybody,

I'm an electronics hobbyist and i'm new to Robotics. I bought the boe bot kit from radio shack last week and i enjoyed alot of cool projects with it. I have also another basic stamp board of education and i made it to communicate with boe bot through an IR.
I bought a camCmu from jameco and I'm trying now to implement it with the boe bot, but i don't know how...
I need some help with what should i do so my boe bot can use the Cmu to avoid and identify objects...

I also wanted to build an ultra sonic sensor without having to buy it. i bought also the Tranciever and Reciever SENSOR,ULTRASONIC,40KHZ. I will appreciate ur guys help.
thank u

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 10/4/2005 11:28:11 PM GMT

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-10-04 19:17
    Have you gone to the parallax website to look for code?
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30051 this is on their product page for the CMUcam!

Google is your friend!

Also, take things one step at a time!
    Play with the ultrasonic sensor and see if you get any readings back....then play with how to incorporate those readings in to lighting an LED at certain ranges or turning on a servo! Don't try to do everything at once!! You'll just get lost! (at least I would!)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • keroo_maxkeroo_max Posts: 8
    edited 2005-10-04 19:27
    thanx steve for ur interest.
    but i need to build the ultrasonic sensor first
    i don't have the Ping)) sensor..
    i only have ULTRASONIC,40KHZ tranciever and reciever.
    i tried to hook them up on the basic stamp board with a resistor and i tried to freqout command
    to flash a led when an object pass in front of the sensors.. but nothing happened.
    i know for sure the code is right. but something is wrong in my circuit
    i read something a bout using the 555 timer ... if u have some schematics for the sensor that will help..
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-10-04 20:26
    How's this? (It even has some BS code for you tongue.gif, though you·may need to do a little translation since it is BS1 code)

PS this was found using "ultrasonic 555 distance schematic" in Yahoo (sans quotation marks).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-10-04 23:28
    I also updated your subject line to provide information to forum users what you need help with.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • keroo_maxkeroo_max Posts: 8
    edited 2005-10-05 05:11
    All right, thank u guys for all ur help.

Now i can build and try the ultra sonic sensor.

What about the CMUcam that i bought without the extra parallax board to employ it with the stamp??
    any ideas??