Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Servo Controller oddities — Parallax Forums

Serial Servo Controller oddities

Jimbob42Jimbob42 Posts: 1
edited 2005-09-29 15:48 in Robotics
Hi all,

I am new to the list, but not to parallax products.

I have been using stamps for years and have just tried a serial servo controller in a product with mixed results.

Basically I have a stamp 2px connected to the SSC and the SCC is then connected to two reversable DC motor Controllers (found in electric cars etc).

These controllers are wired to the SCC with standard servo plugs.

The motors are powered from a separate supply to the logic fyi [noparse];)[/noparse]

Basically things work well when I change the speeds of the motors slowly, but sometimes If I change the speed quickly, they seem to lock on at their current rate. The LED on the SCC keeps flashing that it is accepting data, but the motors don't respond to this data. If I reduce the motor speed to stop and then speed back up they kick in again.

It sounds like a serial syncing problem, but it is just example code running at 2400bps...

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance,

James

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-29 15:48
    James,

·· Just to clarify, are you using the Parallax Servo Controller (PSC) or the SSC from Seetron?· Have you confirmed proper operation of the servo controller with servos?· If that works then it's your motor controller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com