Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Starting Helpfile — Parallax Forums

Starting Helpfile

Rob v.d. bergRob v.d. berg Posts: 81
edited 2005-09-26 12:14 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

The last weeks·I can't start (from Basic Stamp Editor 2.2) the helpfile.·I see only the start
window (Basic Stamp PBasic Online Helpfile) after that·it's hanging.
Boths with NT4.0 and XP OS

any Idea ?

Regards Rob.

Post Edited (Rob v.d. berg) : 9/26/2005 11:30:13 AM GMT

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-09-26 11:55
    Rob -

Sorry for the "canned" reply below, but I don't know that there is much more information on this issue yet. It IS a known issue, however.

Standard reply from Parallax, hijacked from another posting:

"The Help File path is not hard-coded. The problem is related to a recent Windows Security update. We are experiencing the same issues and are looking for a fix/work-around."

The "we" above is Parallax, so they're well familiar with the problem, as it relates to Window XP.

I have a similar problem with Windows 98SE and the PBASIC Help File freezing when used from within the PBASIC Stamp Editor, which has so far been ignored as being a singular (only me) but repeatable reported event. My own work around has been to use the PBASIC Help File OUTSIDE of the PBASIC Stamp Editor, and it works just fine! That may work for you as well, so give it a try, and report back so we can pass it on to other XP users, if it works. Just double-click on the PBASIC.CHM file, and up she comes!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

Post Edited (Bruce Bates) : 9/26/2005 11:55:23 AM GMT
  • Rob v.d. bergRob v.d. berg Posts: 81
    edited 2005-09-26 12:14
    Bruce,

Thansk for the reply. Agree it works outside the Pbasic. I will use that.

On a NT system·it is·also not working.

Rob.

·