Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cigar Box Robot Arm — Parallax Forums

Cigar Box Robot Arm

Code MonkeyCode Monkey Posts: 26
edited 2005-10-29 20:26 in Robotics
Behold the cigar box robot arm! lol.gif

This is a robot arm that I made and mounted on a cigar box. The project has a BS2 and Parallax Servo Controller mounted on a sheet of plexiglass. The BS2 is mounted with 2 solderless breadboard. There is a remote control with 4 potentiometers mounted in a small project box and connected to the main board with a wire which is routed through the bottom of the cigar box. I use a custom serial to 4-pin header to program the BS2 and I can remove the main board from the box so that it is easier to work with the components. Attached are a few pics (sorry, but the close up pic is a little blurry).
1024 x 768 - 272K
1024 x 768 - 251K
768 x 1024 - 117K
1024 x 768 - 221K

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-09-26 16:26
    Very nice!!!· Is it possible to add your schematic and source code?· I'm sure there are a lot of·people who will be interested in it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 9/26/2005 9:11:47 PM GMT
  • Code MonkeyCode Monkey Posts: 26
    edited 2005-09-26 16:50
    Yeah, sure. I'll post them after work one night this week.

-Marc
    edited 2005-09-27 11:46
    Here's the schematic and code. The schematic I drew up last night. I think the only thing I left out is the programming circuitry on pins 1-3 which was taken directly out of the BASIC Stamp Reference Manual.
  • crackticus potscrackticus pots Posts: 34
    edited 2005-10-29 17:50
    cool project!·I made somthing simalar but it was made with pico servos.
    any way I am curious what is the project in the back ground with the magnetic strip reader.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    sucess is when you fail and try again

·-Churchill
    edited 2005-10-29 20:26
    Thanks! The mag stripe reader is a project I made from instructions in the first issue of Make magazine. It uses a program called Stripe Snoop to decode the information through your parallel port. It was a bit frustrating to build because there were some errors in the article and I had to get a beta version of the software which I was only able to locate from the athors comments on the Make forums.

-Marc