Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
stepper motor problems — Parallax Forums

stepper motor problems

al-spideral-spider Posts: 42
edited 2005-09-24 20:59 in Robotics
freaked.gif
hello again!
i've been trying to update my HERO ROBOT with new boarda and a BS2PX24 or the BS2 . I'v replaced the DC drive motor board with the motor-mind b and have it up and running .
Now for the sterring motor it uses a stepper motor with 6 waire two each (blk , white)windeing and two yellow commod which connect to +12 volt .
I've tryed the little step-u controller with no luck yet ?.
i've tryed the ULN2803 and was able to get a little vribration (enregized motor) but no rotation the code used is the one that printed on tthe data sheetfor the 2-2 pahse 12v 90ohm unipolor stepper motor (#27964).
i need help ? new code or switch to dc motor or havey duty servo. these will also have to be used for turning tie head as well.
I'm relly excited to get this thing i plans to have (GPS. Term coupler, ping sonor,I/R, UMMC DATA storage/mp3) and also have a sonor raidor through the ez-lcd display. so i'll be calling on this forms with updates . adn maybe meet some new frends alomg the way
ALBERT hop.gifhop.gifhop.gif

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-09-24 20:59
    If your stepper vibrates instead of rotates then you don't have it wired correctly. Try this:

A - Find and connect the commons to +12 (motor supply voltage)
    B - Connect the phase wires and run program; if it rotates properly, you're done
    C - Swap the outer two phase wires (ie, 1 & 4) and rerun the program; if it rotates properly, you're done
    D - Swap the inner two phase wires (ie, 2 & 3) and rerun the program -- if it doesn't run now you skipped a step

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax