Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
unknown lcd — Parallax Forums

unknown lcd

crackticus potscrackticus pots Posts: 34
edited 2005-09-27 19:34 in BASIC Stamp
Hello
I·have·a LCD that I cannot identify.·· confused.gif
It is a LCD that came from·an AT&T paradyne that·I disassembled (lots of great parts inside).
it has a 14pin connecter plus the back light pins it has three·Hitachi·(it just has the symbol)·chips with HD44100H· and above it ·1M4 5· the display is (2X16?)
I don’t·know where to id this LCD·but it looks a lot·like the ones sold in the jamco catalog.
·
·
I·am a student with lots of homework so I·may not·respond quickly to any questions/responses.
Thanks.

Post Edited (Tinman) : 9/16/2005 7:31:02 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-16 15:36
    Tinman,

·· Sounds a lot like a standard Hitachi-Compatible Parallel LCD...14 pin connector sounds right, but without a chip labeled HD44780 I am concerned it may not be standard.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2005-09-16 19:03
    From what I could find, The HD66100F is the newer replacement for the now obsolete HD44100H.
    Maybe this datasheet will help.

- Rick
  • crackticus potscrackticus pots Posts: 34
    edited 2005-09-26 22:52
    Thanks
    I looked at·the diagrams but they were not much help because·I could not trace all of the wires·but are there any basic wiring diagrams for a·standerd parallel·LCD.·
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-09-26 23:34
    I used Google to search for Parallel LCD Interface and found this link in 10 seconds
    ouwehand.net/~peter/lcd/lcd.shtml
  • crackticus potscrackticus pots Posts: 34
    edited 2005-09-27 15:12
    ······· "forrest"

Yes·I tried that and·I found somthing simalar but the pins of the chip are not what·I am looking for.
    I·was wandering if there was a standerd pin configueration for the plug.
    it is imposible to trace the wires because the CB is multy layer and the plug hides the rest of the wires.
    the reson I dont use a volt meter to trace the wires is because on all of the lcd spects that·I looked at·said "never apply more than 5vdc and never mix up the connecton of the·pins" and the volt meter that·I have puts out 12vdc.
    and so if I dont guess right the very first time, ZAP there goes my lcd!· freaked.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    sucess is when you fail and try again

·-Churchill

Post Edited (crackticus pots) : 9/27/2005 3:14:08 PM GMT
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-09-27 19:34
    There is no standard plug configuration, and you DO NOT need to know how the circuits are connected on the circuit board. To determine what does where, all you need to do is use a multimeter set for ohms and probe each pin location on both ends of the wire. The link I send you gives you the function for each of the 14 pins on the board.