Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
program for the servo controller — Parallax Forums

program for the servo controller

hank van burenhank van buren Posts: 57
edited 2005-09-09 23:05 in BASIC Stamp
Can I run the servo controller directly of a laptop terminal program using the·serial port and are there any sample programs ? Hank

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-09 20:14
    Hank,

·· Yes and No.· Running it off a terminal program implies no program will be running.· You would also need to be able to calculate and send the binary values (highbyte and lowbyte) of the pulse width you're sending to the PSC, as well as the ramping speed and channel.· Usually this requires holding down ALT and typing in a 4-digit number on the keypad.· This may vary with the terminal program used.· Documentation can be found on the product page on our website.

·· As a side-note, to use the serial port of the laptop with the serial version of the PSC, you would need to connect it as shown in the attachment.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com

Post Edited (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 9/9/2005 8:13:40 PM GMT
    744 x 356 - 44K
  • hank van burenhank van buren Posts: 57
    edited 2005-09-09 20:30
    Chris I don't think it is feasible I will stay with the stamp configuration thanks anyway Hank
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-09 23:05
    Hank,

·· You can always write a program on the Stamp to receive commands from the HyperTerminal and control the PSC that way.· I have seen some posts on here regarding that before.· Then you can easily break it down into simple 1-letter commands with direct numeric entry of the value.· This could be done.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com