Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No room on BOE breadboard for more circuits — Parallax Forums

No room on BOE breadboard for more circuits

jeffrey morrisjeffrey morris Posts: 52
edited 2005-09-21 09:49 in BASIC Stamp
I wish to create circuits for directional signals, emergency flashers, and a simulated speedometer but I don't have room on the small BOE breadboard. I have a large stand-alone breadboard but I think that I don't have solid wires that are small enough to go into the holes on the breadboards. Any suggestions for correct size of solid wires?

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2005-09-08 20:13
    22 gauge solid copper wire.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Do you have a Stamp Tester yet?
    http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html

·
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-09-08 20:25
    If you can get a hunk of 25-pair phone cable, that stuff works well, and comes in lots of colors. You only need a 3-foot piece, though.

Another alternative is the Radio Shack interconnect wire package. This is pricey ($8.00) but neat.
  • jeffrey morrisjeffrey morris Posts: 52
    edited 2005-09-09 00:19
    I have the Radio Shack interconnect wire package. I was able to create the circuits but the circuit for simulated speedometer uses PAUSE 10, and the circuits for directional signals and emergency flashers use PAUSE 250. Using PAUSE 10 for all circuits makes the speedometer work but the other circuits flash the LEDS too fast. Using PAUSE 250 for all circuits makes the other circuits works but the speedometer circuit don't work properly. How can I fix this problem? Here's the code:
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-09-09 15:52
    Personally, I'd make a "CalcTime" subroutine like the following:

UpdateClock VAR BYTE
    UpdateLEDs VAR BIT
    UpdateSpeedo VAR BIT

CalcTime:
    · UpdateLEDs = 0
    · UpdateSpeedo = 0
    · Pause 10
    · UpdateClock = UpdateClock + 10
    · UpdateSpeedo = 1
    · IF UpdateClock = 250 THEN
    · UpdateClock = 0
    · UpdateLEDs = 1
    · endif
    RETURN

Then, GOSUB to this to get both a 10 mSec delay, as well as an update to the "UpdateLEDs" flag and UpdateSpeedo flag.· Then, in your "main" code, check these two flags to see if its time to update the speedo and/or the flashers.
    ·
  • jeffrey morrisjeffrey morris Posts: 52
    edited 2005-09-21 09:49
    I tried to have the program call the CalcTime subroutine but I can't get the program working properly. I tried to have the program check the flags after calling the subroutine but it didn't work properly.