Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE-BOT Full Kit (with BS2P24) — Parallax Forums

BOE-BOT Full Kit (with BS2P24)

SplynterSplynter Posts: 8
edited 2005-09-08 19:53 in Robotics
Hi, I'd like to purchase a BOE-BOT but I'd like to have the BS2P24 instead of the standard BS2 chip.· This is so that I can do advanced projects in the future after going through all the basic stuff for the BOE-BOT (thinking ahead). So what I'd like to know is if there is a BOE-BOT kit which includes the BS2P24 (I didn't find one) and also how difficult will it be to follow the Stamp in Class Curriculum with this chip.· I'm sure some modifications in the example codes will have to be made, but will it be completely different (in essence rendering the curriculum useless)?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-08 19:26
    Hello,

·· This is a good example of why we don't have the BOE-Bot kits with a different Stamp Model.· The timing parameters for certain commands are different for the BS2p24 as opposed to the BS2.· These differences can be seen in the help file for the Stamp Editor under the various affected commands, such as SEROUT, PULSOUT, FREQOUT, etc.· Many of which are used in the BOE-Bot manual.

·· What I would recommend is following the text with the kit as it comes, and then replacing the Stamp Module later when you are experienced enough to know how the various commands work and make the changes.· Even if you are now, you may still need to purchase the Stamp Module extra, or buy the individual parts separately.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • SplynterSplynter Posts: 8
    edited 2005-09-08 19:31
    Thanks for the quick response.
    The reason I asked is that I wanted to avoid buying 2 chips, I'd rather use the money to buy appmods or other add-ons.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-08 19:53
    Splynter,

·· I totally understand...On the other hand, "technically" I am Tech Support, and Sales would be the more appropriate group to see if they could do anything for you.· I would contact them at sales@parallax.com and see what you can do.· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com