Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer: I2C Decoder AppNote Download — Parallax Forums

BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer: I2C Decoder AppNote Download

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
edited 2005-11-30 02:31 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

Our tech support staff recently completed an I2C Decoder AppNote for the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer. This document demonstrates how to use the I2C decoder in the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer software with a·BS2px24, DS1307 RTC, on the Professional Development Board.

This document was created·from customer requests.

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.
·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-09-08 17:57
    ·· That is one of the nice features in the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer which we thought really needed an example.· Some customers have asked for more details about these features, so·Tech Support is also planning on releasing an AppNote demonstrating the Asynchronous and SPI decoders as well.· These should be up soon.· I will post here once they've been added.

·· This is also a good thread to jump in on if you have any questions about the BSLA.· We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about it's use, especially in decoding signals from I2C, Asynchronous Serial or SPI devices.· These are the most common devices connected to the BASIC Stamp Modules.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com

Post Edited (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 9/8/2005 6:01:28 PM GMT
    edited 2005-09-09 22:13
    Hello,

·· As of today the second AppNote for Protocol Decoding on the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer has been released.· You can find the one on I2C here, and the one on Asynchronous Serial here.· Enjoy!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202
    edited 2005-09-10 00:06
    This kind of service is what makes Parallax great.
    edited 2005-09-10 00:30
    Thanks Philip!· We certainly hope this helps our customers make the best use of this tool, which has a lot of potential.· I find myself making more use of it lately myself!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • foobertfoobert Posts: 3
    edited 2005-11-29 01:25
    say for instance i wanted to look at a ppm output from a radio, to see if i could figure out a way to read it with a stamp. would i see what i wanted to see, (assuming it shows me what i think i'm going to see), if i plugged the bsla into a breadboard and connected vss at pin 4 to the common on the radio and connect the line with the ppm signal to something between pin 5 and pin 16, without, you know, having to involve my stamp at all? huh? huh?

thanks
  • TomSTomS Posts: 128
    edited 2005-11-30 01:25
    The version number of the document in the I2C link is 1.0. I downloaded version 1.02 from Parallax last week.
    edited 2005-11-30 02:31
    Tom,

·· The last link in the thread was the updated copy.· I hope you found it useful.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com