Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ethernet/Web Interface Controller — Parallax Forums

Ethernet/Web Interface Controller

Chicago MikeChicago Mike Posts: 88
edited 2005-09-08 16:36 in BASIC Stamp
Does anyone know of a device (kit, etc), that can allow me interface·a basic stamp to·an ethernet TCP/IP connection. I'm looking in·general to use a BS2 to run a program and control some relays and sensing, and allow me to use HTTP to a web page and click a web button to allow a·relay to click·such. (I'd also like to update status of pin status to a page through HTTP if possible to show the status of things).

There is a huge array of stuff I've seached the web on, and the varieties are huge. From what I gather, I would keep pages on a device and update through serial from the stamp to a device. Any devices anyone would recommend? This is·for fun and a hobby project and would rather stay in the $100 or less range, and do not have the ability to do surface mount.... (Hence generally prebuilt seems to be the way as that all of the ethernet controller chips are surface).

Thanks.
·

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-09-07 23:42
    Please check back in a couple of months and we may have some information that maybe of interest.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 9/8/2005 5:29:33 PM GMT
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-09-07 23:50
    eeewwww....a teaser!! [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Fe2o3FishFe2o3Fish Posts: 170
    edited 2005-09-08 16:36
    Mike,

For what you want to do it sounds like the Siteplayer will do you good until Parallax
    regains their solution. Check out Siteplayer Web Site and go down, on the right side,
    to the Siteplayer Server. This will be what you need. The Siteplayer Telnet device is
    basically an ethernet-to-serial converted.

There's a Yahoo group for support with a fairly good group with a wide range of
    knowledge and experiences there. I tend to hang out there too.

Holler if you have any questions!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Rusty-
    --
    Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@fe2o3.lonestar.org
    **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
    Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking