Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
temperature — Parallax Forums

temperature

ErikErik Posts: 31
edited 2005-08-29 15:19 in BASIC Stamp
hello

I·like measure the temperature on two place at the same time is this possible.

greetings erik scholts

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-08-27 13:11
    The stamp can only do one thing at a time....so, technically, NO, you can't measure two temps at the same time with a stamp.

However, the stamp runs fast enough that you could make two different measurements that are only fractions of a second apart!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-08-27 17:05
    erik,

·· What are you trying to measure?· You could use two LM34 temp sensors and a dual-channel ADC to get two readings (almost) at the same time.· Depends on the application, really.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-08-28 11:39
    "At the same time" comes with qualifications. If the two locations are measured within milliseconds of each other does that qualify? It would for me, but I know know what your application is.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • ErikErik Posts: 31
    edited 2005-08-28 15:46
    hello jon,steve and chris

I mean white one stamp, so we like to connect two sensors on one stamp,the time between the two sensor isn't so important because we like to mearsure the temperature on oil tank from a elevator·and the air in that machineroom.

Now we do that with one sensor and only the tank. The time between the two sensors can be 2 seconds or a bit longer· because we measure the temperture with a modem from a workshop with the debug function and that give also a·little bit delay.

thanks for the time

Erik
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-08-28 17:53
    I've used the BS2p with the DS1822 which only uses only one I/O pin and you can read multiple DS1822's, due to the fact they have their own Dallas One-wire address.· It's a very simple project.· We have sample code for the DS1822 in our BS2p Plus Pak.· If you go to the "Resources" section of this link:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=BS2P24-IC you'll find the wiring schematic and sample code for the DS1822.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202
    edited 2005-08-29 03:57
    Just FYI as a rule, temperature is a relatively slow changing variable. If you can save heartache by measuring a few seconds ( or minutes ) slower, the temperature probably won't change that fast. Also oil in a tank or air temp in a room can be tricky. Consider the size of the tank and the room. The Temp at the top might be dramatically different from the temp on the bottom. Hot air rises so air closer to the floor will be cooler. Maybe none of this matters in your application, I just think it's worth mentioning that more often than not, temperature can be measured in intervals of minutes because it changes slowly.
  • m_fabio2m_fabio2 Posts: 49
    edited 2005-08-29 15:19
    In industry in cases like that we always measure the return air temperature of the room, or the oil.· Lots of times with liquids we use a circulating pump and measure the temp right before the suction side of the pump.