Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 OEM In PCBExpress Format — Parallax Forums

BS2 OEM In PCBExpress Format

knightofoldcodeknightofoldcode Posts: 233
edited 2005-08-30 06:58 in BASIC Stamp
Is anyone interested in this?

I've completed it, and the PCBExpress version looks almost the exact same as the BS2OEM, not precisly but close.

I need to print out the images and compare to a BS2OEM board, really closely, otherwise I'd post it here.

I havn't made any boards on PCBExpress that have been produced, yet. I've created maybe 5-10 other boards, just havn't had them made yet, so it'd be greatly appreciated if someone else who is interested in it, go through it and verify all the traces and connections.

Knight.

Comments

• KoyJaKoyJa Posts: 17
    edited 2005-08-27 02:11
    Hi Knight,

I have made around 8 boards from ExpreccPCB and have no problem. I am currently
    working on laying out the BSP240 for OEM.

Just a thought .... I am going to layout my OEM BSP240 on the board with the
    DIP connectors, just incase I need to throw a standard one in there. Post your express files
    and I will help you take a look at them.

Mike

Koy Ja !
  • knightofoldcodeknightofoldcode Posts: 233
    edited 2005-08-27 21:46
    KoyJa said...
    Hi Knight,

I have made around 8 boards from ExpreccPCB and have no problem. I am currently
    working on laying out the BSP240 for OEM.

Just a thought .... I am going to layout my OEM BSP240 on the board with the
    DIP connectors, just incase I need to throw a standard one in there. Post your express files
    and I will help you take a look at them.

Mike

Koy Ja !

My board is also with the Dip Connectors. I figure those who know what they are doing can remove the traces going to the Dip connector and directly connect to whatever they want it to be connected too. Those who don't, can simply leave those holes present and connect like normal. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I intend on modifying this already made layout, to only have the portions that are needed for running, not for programming, So, something like 3 resisters, the crystal, pic, and EEPRom, maybe some more components, not sure, just speaking off the top of my head.

I will post links to the files within the day. Probably late tonight.

Knight.
    edited 2005-08-28 05:43
    Okay, the link is here.

Knight.

Post Edited (knightofoldcode) : 9/13/2005 10:39:10 PM GMT
  • KoyJaKoyJa Posts: 17
    edited 2005-08-30 03:44
    Looks good Knight. I will post my OEM BSP240 in ExpressPCB when I get it done.

Mikey

Koy Ja !
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-08-30 03:49
    Thanks - I'm interested in what your OEM BS2P40 board looks like, since I haven't got around to designing my own yet.
    edited 2005-08-30 06:35
    KoyJa said...
    Looks good Knight. I will post my OEM BSP240 in ExpressPCB when I get it done.

Mikey

Koy Ja !

I am also very interested in your work on this. I'd start it up myself, but I figured since you're already doing it, no point in my duplicating it.

Knight.
    edited 2005-08-30 06:39
    On the BS2OEM that I created, I've noticed that a few of the components that I had to make are not, "grouped". In particular the "SIP" for the Crystal isn't grouped. As soon as I get a chance I'll re-upload the new version.

Knight.
    edited 2005-08-30 06:58
    Okay, the new version is posted, it's mostly a cosmetic change, however if you intend on having it produced by ExpressPCB, I would strongly suggest you get the new version, it's at the same link. The new version has the crystal in a single component, also it fixes a small issue with getting the traces to be a perfect 45Degree angle on the DB-9 Connections, moving the traces further away from other pins.

Knight.