Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Optascope — Parallax Forums

Optascope

AmitAmit Posts: 27
edited 2005-08-23 21:18 in BASIC Stamp
Is there anyway to export more than the 1500 samples that optascope saves in the program window?· When in continuous mode all the measurements are being stored (albeit temporarily) in the program so it seems that there should be some to catch these values before/as they are thrown away.· Does anyone know of any programs that can do this or how I could begin to write something that did this myself?· Basically I need a long record length with fairly high resolution.· I could use a traditional oscilloscope but I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of obtaining one.· Thanks!

-Amit

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-08-23 21:18
    Amit,

There's a memory limitation in the hardware which restricts the sampling to 1,500 points. We think that it could be increased to 2,000 or 2,500 points, but this is not a substantial increase. There's one alternative, though, which is that we could implement a datalogger function in which the user specifies a sample frequency to obtain the 1,500 points. This might be useful for battery monitoring but not for higher speed signals.

While we're on the subject of USB Oscilloscope software, we're really close to releasing a totally new software package for the Parallax USB Oscilloscope (formerly OPTAscope). The engineer who designed the hardware and software works for Parallax (Doug Pientak). The new software provides a much smoother display and incorporates several user suggestions.

There's a whole new USB Oscilloscope on the drawing board at Parallax. Since it's not out yet it's as good as vaporware to somebody who wants one today, so I'll save the news for later. However, it will export 1500+ samples.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.