Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Product Delivery To Lebanon — Parallax Forums

Product Delivery To Lebanon

BotrousBotrous Posts: 3
edited 2005-08-20 10:58 in BASIC Stamp
hi guys , i think i am the newest here , well i have some questions that may makes you laugh ...
i'll start by introducing myself ...
i'm 25 and i'm a refrigeration engineer , never dealt with microcontrollers but have a basic knowldge in electronics and programming· . . . and i'm from lebanon· . . ..· hope this introduction is enough . . .rolleyes.gif
my first question is , do anyone knows if the products could be delivered to Lebanon
2nd question , i'm considering to learn more about microcontrollers to involve it in some sold rooms applications such as measurments and activation or deactivation of 4 to 10 devices . . . does the parallax controllers fits for that ?
3rd question which seems that the answer is clear ...... someone is willing to help , i sa that from my first sight to the parallax website.

cheers
best regards

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 8/20/2005 1:43:35 AM GMT

Comments

• Larry~Larry~ Posts: 242
    edited 2005-08-19 23:20
    1st not sure, I would be leary

2nd 4 to 10 activations or deactivations no problem as long as the process is non distructive!

3rd plenty of help here

even if you can't get them you will learn a lot on this site.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-08-20 03:21
    Botrous:

From the UPS web site I retrieved the following regulations about shipping to Lebanon. I think we have shipped there before - usually the only places we can not send products are countries appearing on the State Department's list of exceptions. Those exceptions are for places where the U.S. has some trade restrictions.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.

Billing Options

Prepaid (P/P)

Freight Collect (F/C)

Third-Party Billing
    This destination country will accept the Third-Party Billing payment method provided that the third party has a six digit UPS account number. Please note the following exceptions:

Any shipment where the shipper and consignee are located in the European Union (EU) and the third party is located outside the EU. For example, a shipment from France to Germany cannot be billed to the U.S.
    Any shipment where the shipper and consignee are located in the same country but the third party is not in the same country. For example, shipments from Mexico to Mexico cannot be billed to the U.S.

Prohibited or Restricted Commodities

In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Lebanon.

Cash Letters
    Cash letters are prohibited.

Israeli Origin Goods
    Goods originating in Israel are prohibited.

Military Equipment
    Military equipment is prohibited. Contact the destination country if there is any doubt about the commodity classification

Negotiable Bonds, Drafts
    Negotiable bonds and drafts are prohibited.

Items Classified as Documents

Lebanon Customs considers the following items to be documents as long as the stipulations - if any - are met.

Airline Tickets

Annual Reports

Bids

Business Cards

Checks

Computer Print-Outs

Credit Cards
    One or two credit cards sent to an individual only; other shipments of credit cards are prohibited.

Drawings

Envelopes (Blank)

Forms (Blank)

Greeting Cards, Invitations
    Document weight limit: 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs.)

Intercompany Mail

Newspapers
    Document weight limit: 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs.)

Proposals

Stationery

Traveler's Checks
    Used traveler's checks only
    Unused traveler's checks are prohibited.

Visa Applications

UPS can recommend which forms you need based on a few simple criteria. Forms can be completed online or printed. See which forms you need.

Commodity Specific Stipulations

There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Lebanon. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.

Compact Discs
    Customs transfers compact discs (CD's) and other audio and visual materials to the censor prior to clearance. All CDs must be clearly declared on the Air Waybill (AWB).
    Expect a clearance delay of 3 to 6 days.

Dairy
    Milk Products
    Milk products require authorization from the Ministry of Health

Diskettes
    Customs transfers diskettes and other audio and visual materials to the censor prior to clearance. All diskettes must be clearly declared on the Air Waybill (AWB).

Labels
    Labels must have instructions and an expiration date, if applicable.

Medicine
    Shipments of medicine require authorization from the Ministry of Health.
    Shipments of medicine to private individuals require a pro forma invoice and a doctor's prescription for Customs clearance. The invoice must state "for personal use only."

Mobile Telephones
    Lebanese Authorities are now requesting special formalities for Mobile Phones and wireless devices.
    Such items will have to be approved by the Minister of Post and Telecoms and in some cases by the Ministry of Defense as well.

Personal Effects
    This destination country does not accept shipments of personal effects.

Tapes (Audio, Video, Magnetic)
    Customs transfers tapes (audio, video, or magnetic) and other audio and visual materials to the censor prior to clearance. All tapes must be clearly declared on the Air Waybill (AWB).

Shipment Types with Special Clearance Requirements

No information matching this category is available.

Invoice Requirements

Non-document shipments to Lebanon must include 1 original and 2 copies of an invoice.
    Customs requires an original invoice if the value of the shipment is US$400.00 or greater.

Shipments of documents do not require an invoice.

The consignee's telephone number, if available, should appear on the invoice.

Weight and Size Limits

Maximum weight: 30.0 kg (66.1 lbs.) per package
    Maximum length: 270.0 cm (108.0 in.) per package
    Maximum dimensions: 419.0 cm (165.0 in.) per package, length and girth combined

Convert metric quantity for weight, length, and area.

NOTE: Information provided by Global Advisor is provided AS IS, may not be current, and does not constitute legal advice. In no event shall UPS be liable for any errors in the information, forms or features made available by Global Advisor, or by any third party site linked to from Global Advisor. Selection and completion of proper forms for any given shipment is the sole responsibility of the shipper. All shipments are subject to the UPS Terms and Conditions of Service in effect at the time of shipping for the country of origin.
  • BotrousBotrous Posts: 3
    edited 2005-08-20 10:58
    thanks folks , seems that i was right you are really willing to help . . .

really thanks .

I'm now reading the basic stamp· courses , bs in class and i downloaded the software to see where i can get . . .seems that i find it suitable for my applications well , i think that i will order in this month or the next one , till then i'll be continuing the courses

best regards