Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ALFAT-SD SPI Communication using BS2pe — Parallax Forums

ALFAT-SD SPI Communication using BS2pe

FiveX5FiveX5 Posts: 1
edited 2005-08-09 22:33 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I'm working on a data logger that uses the ALFAT-SD memory device to store data.· I'm trying to communicate with the ALFAT using SPI communication from the BS2pe with·the SHIFTIN and SHIFTOUT commands.· I'm having problems reading information from the device with the SHIFTIN command.· The general consensus is that there seems to be a problem with the Basic Stamp communicating in SPI mode with this device.

If anyone can offer any sample SPI code formulated for this device or know of a trick to work around this problem of SPI communication, it would be much appreciated.· If you want to familiarize yourself with the ALFAT device it can be found at:· http://www.ghielectronics.com/ALFAT-SD.htm

Thanks,
FiveX5·

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-08-09 21:54
    FiveX5 -

Two things would be real helpful in assisting you. One is some indication of the symptom or symptoms of the problem you're experiencing. The second is a copy of the PBASIC code that you're using to access the device.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-08-09 22:33
    The ALFAT site mentions the BASIC Stamp by name ... do they not have demo code for it?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax