Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there a simulator (or emulator) for the BS2? — Parallax Forums

Is there a simulator (or emulator) for the BS2?

TonyATonyA Posts: 226
edited 2005-08-04 04:41 in BASIC Stamp
Is there a simulator (or emulator) for the BS2?

Thanks,

Tony

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-08-01 23:14
    Tony,

·· The only thing we have available like that is the Proteus VSM, which can be found at the following link:

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/proteus.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 226
    edited 2005-08-02 00:11
    Thank you for the info.

Tony
  • FreezeSukkaFreezeSukka Posts: 41
    edited 2005-08-02 00:17
    Is this something that will be able to help out someone like me, who is just sorta starting out? Or is it just for the experienced programmers? Also, how much does something like that cost? Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    P.S. This is what this part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eliminated.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-08-02 14:42
    A complete description of the software is at the link posted above.· The very first link on that page takes you to the developer's page where you can get even more information as well as pricing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • YanroyYanroy Posts: 96
    edited 2005-08-02 14:47
    I remember seeing a 3rd-party·emulator for the Innovation FIRST robot controllers back in the days when those still had a stamp at their core.· I'm sure if you could find it, it would be able to handle most emulation tasks.· Try searching www.chiefdelphi.com for something along those lines. I believe it was freeware - those FIRST people tend to be very generous.
  • voodoofishvoodoofish Posts: 67
    edited 2005-08-02 16:47
    proteus would be nice if it didn't cost an arm and a leg....it does look pretty cool though
  • Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2005-08-02 19:04
  • YanroyYanroy Posts: 96
    edited 2005-08-02 19:16
    You found an imitation of the one I had in mind... but there was a post about it in the first thread you linked to on ChiefDelphi.· here's the link to the download page for the emulator I've been thinking about:·http://www.robbayer.com/roboemu.shtml

I imagine it will do everything you need with only a small amount of tweaking to compensate for the fact that your stamp isn't embedded in the IFI RC.
  • FlyingFishFingerFlyingFishFinger Posts: 461
    edited 2005-08-04 04:41
    Hello everybody!

Does anything like the above exist for the BS2p?

Rafael