Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IR — Parallax Forums

IR

Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
edited 2005-07-30 23:09 in BASIC Stamp
Right now my boe bot is set up with the remote control via IR. Now What Id like to know is how I can change my if then statements from detecting the pulse and powering servos to detecting a pulse and making a connection on two different pins. For an example you have a jumper that you place on your Hard drive cd-rom etc. this if then statement would short those two pins together, momentairly. any ideas would be appreciated.
~Jeremy

KB3EEZ

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-07-30 20:04
    If you are referring to making two I/O pins go high when·detecting the pulse?· Basically you just create a variable for the PULSIN command and if it equals 1 then you create a subroutine that turns two I/O pins to high.· If you look in the BASIC Stamp manual version 2.1 under the·PULSIN command I believe that they have an example that may help you with this project.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-07-30 20:05
    If your looking to control another device, you probably need to do it through a transistor or relay circuit.
  • Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
    edited 2005-07-30 21:35
    ok I made both pins high for the if then statement. But it is still making the connection between the two pins on my device even when the boe is turned off, I am using 1,000 ohm resistors from the I/o pins to my device.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-07-30 23:09
    You may want to post your code and a schematic of your circuit.· This will allow·everyone to help·trouble shoot it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·