Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Get Away Special — Parallax Forums

Get Away Special

Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,175
edited 2005-07-29 15:58 in BASIC Stamp
Hello from Buck Rogers
Question, sometime last year, Parallax mentioned a success story. That of having a BASIC Stamp act as the processing element on a Space Shuttle Get Away Special.

jumpin.gif Google found the page, but there was nothing on it about the project. I might even add, I asked this question concerning the idea of doing this back when we were still hanging around the Yahoo site, but no one at the company got back to me there. What with the resumption of·flights, as of 7/13,·and now the indefinite postponement of same,··I am again thinking about it.

Obviously even though there is considerable capabilty in an SX based Stamp even though I am not familiar with the technology, I am just writing off the cuff here.

Can someone at Parallax find out what did happen then, and get back to me? Or would a different board space be appropriate for this?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-07-29 15:58
    Sorry, Buck, but with the shuttle return to flight, Mr. Bush has decided there will only be a maximum of 25 additional flights. With the latest problems with insulation, it may be less than that.

Thus the GAS (Get Away Special) program has been cancelled until further notice.

I did read the article on the BS2 used -- it was used to control watering and feeding of plants in zero-g, as part of an experiment to determine the effects of micro-gravity on plant growth. Very clever.