Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My new Boe-Bot — Parallax Forums

My new Boe-Bot

the_poet677the_poet677 Posts: 12
edited 2005-08-08 14:05 in Robotics
Hey guys.
I just wanted to say that I got my new boe-bot, and it is an interesting little guy. I named him Hanz Bricks,( from Team America: World Police).
Anyway, I just wanted to say that these little guys are pretty sturdy. You see, I am an American soldier deployed to the middle east, and this place was turning my brain to mush. I needed something technical, not so life-or-death to think about for a little bit. I bought a boe-bot, and some tank treads, and have been experimenting with it since I recieved it three days ago. Anyway, thanks for making such a great product.

-Al

--
And, in the end, the love you take
is equal to the love you make.
--

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
--
--

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-29 03:10
    Have fun with your BOE-Bot, Al, and thanks for serving!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • smk8ersmk8er Posts: 13
    edited 2005-07-30 01:34
    Al thanks for protecting our FREEDOM and make sure you come home! I also just got my boe-bot but work has kept me from doing anything with it. Can't wait to get started!
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2005-07-30 01:47
    Al, thank you for serving our country. And welcome to Parallax Forums!
    bugg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Boe-bot: $229

Toddler: $249

Learning Google is your friend: priceless
  • the_poet677the_poet677 Posts: 12
    edited 2005-08-07 21:11
    The tent I live in here has a big plywood floor, covered with a fine layer of sand and silt, and about 47 different kinds of carpet, a few elctrical wires, you know, just stuff. Hanz, my bot, loves it. The only thing he has gotten caught on so far is my big plastic foot locker. He drove up against it almost prependicular to the side, and one wheel drove up onto it, then he flipped. But, unlike most people, he got right back ont he horse, so to speak.

My squad leader loves this guy. It is just novel to see a robot chasing a soldier through a tent.

[noparse]:D[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --
    --
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-08-08 14:05
    I smell a great story.... I am sure that the AP would love to do a "human interest" story about how our "boys" are keeping in tiptop shape both physically and mentally!

Return home safe... our thoughts are always with you!

Steve