Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and LCD — Parallax Forums

BS2 and LCD

BillyBilly Posts: 1
edited 2005-07-28 13:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone

I am a beginner when it comes to Basic Stamp and i try to connect a LCD to the BS2. I have·search the forum and i see, in several examples, that i need >= BS2p

Under my chip it is written "BS2P-IC rev E 1997". But when i send the program to the chip it gives me an error. "Cant find BS2P" It then find "BS2" and send the program. Every thing then seem OK. So i guess my chip is "BS2"

My question is

If i wont to write to my LCD (4x20 standard? Pin- 1=gnd 2=+5v 3 = Drive 4 =RS 5=R/W 6=E 7-14=data 15-16=led), is it possible with my chip ? and how?

I would be really happy for some answers (i dont sleep at night, thinking of this) burger.gif

Thanks

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-07-28 11:42
    It sounds like you have a BS2. You can run a standard parallel Hitachi HD44780 LCD display with a BS2.

You'll find a hookup diagram and a Parallax Basic program to run a parallal LCD in the Stampworks manual starting on page 75. You can download the Stampworks manual here www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27220
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-28 13:54
    You can control an LCD module with any BASIC Stamp -- even the BASIC Stamp 1. For the BS2 family, download our StampWorks documentation; it includes three experiments and has code for stock BS2 modules.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax