Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Button help — Parallax Forums

Button help

pBASICpBASIC Posts: 25
edited 2005-07-27 13:20 in BASIC Stamp
I have a boe-bot and it comes with to buttons im just wondering how you are to go about connecting it to the boe bot, in the program you would call it using a certin pin but the button has a·· 2 by 2 row of pins so wouldnt· you have to call it using two pins

······································································roll.gifchrisroll.gif

Comments

• Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
    edited 2005-07-27 13:17
    Hey Chris,
    Those two buttons you are reffering to are pretty fun to play with. The reason it has four pins is for stability, it only needs two but then those would break off pretty quickly by themselves. When you press the button it connects the front side to the back side. You can use a multimeter or what have you to check and see what pins connect when you press the button. for Wiring and code ideas just look into the chapter of your book that has to do with navigating with whiskers. Then just replace the whisker with a button press. Doesn't serve a purpse, but it helps you understand how the buttons work a bit. (and steering with mounted buttons is kinda odd so id recomend getting the IR Book when you are done with the basics )
    you can im me at Jayguy5000 with yahoo messanger or kb3eez for aol if you have any questions.
    ~Jeremy smurf.gif

I hope I helped some..
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-27 13:20
    Our What's A Microcontroller? text will get you sorted out -- it has several projects that use those buttons.· You can download·the latest version·from this page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28123

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax