Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Upgrading Basic Stamp firmware via a Windows CE device — Parallax Forums

Upgrading Basic Stamp firmware via a Windows CE device

Nakazato1Nakazato1 Posts: 2
edited 2005-07-27 16:46 in BASIC Stamp
Is there any way to upgrade the firmware on a Basic Stamp with a Windows CE device?· I tried running the single executable containing the object code and the Stamp Loader program, but the executable does not seem to be able·to run on the Windows CE device.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-07-26 22:49
    Hello,

We are currently working with a company called FlexiPanel and hopefully we will have a device soon that will perform this function.· As of now, we have a device that allows you to program the BASIC Stamp using a Bluetooth device called the ToothPIC from FlexiPanel.· You can find more information at www.flexipanel.com .

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • Nakazato1Nakazato1 Posts: 2
    edited 2005-07-27 15:22
    I am using the Vortex86-6070 (http://www.icoptech.com/products_detail.asp?ProductID=70) running Windows CE with a Basic Stamp 2p40 connected to it through a serial port. I need to be able to upgrade the Basic Stamp through a wired connection, wireless will not do. The Stache: BASIC Stamp Field Programmer looks like a possibility if I cannot find a way to upgrade the Basic Stamp through the Windows CE device.

I was looking over the PBASIC Tokenizer Library and the Basic Stamp Programming Protocol and was wondering how hard it would be to write a program in either C# or C++ that would take the tokenized byte codes of a Basic Stamp program and program the Basic Stamp...

Chris
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-07-27 16:46
    I agree with your idea about using the Stamp Stache.· This is a known good product and should work·very well for your project.· Here is a link for the Stamp Stache:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27330

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·