Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
voice controlled boe bot — Parallax Forums

voice controlled boe bot

akezakez Posts: 12
edited 2005-07-30 01:59 in Robotics
I am new to the forums, although not new to the boe bot. i know you need some kind of amplifier to make a voice controlled robot. can anyone help me with instructions on either how to make my own, or to get around it and use a microphone to control my boe bot without purchasing an amplifier kit. thank you so much

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-07-23 21:38
    Hello,

·· It is not clear from your post whether you're trying to control a BOE-Bot from sound itself, like responding to noises, or actually understand spoken commands.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • akezakez Posts: 12
    edited 2005-07-26 01:54
    just like a beep high or low would be great! but i can seem to get my microphone to pick it up.. is there anyway around the amp?
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-07-26 02:19
    akez -

Who is making this "beep high or low", you or the robot?

If you want an audio output FROM the robot, use the SOUND or FREQOUT commands.

If you want an audio INPUT to a robot, you want to look at sound or voice recognition chips, or some means to interface a microphone to the robot.

In any/all cases some simple amplification may be necessary to produce the desired results.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-07-26 04:56
    Hello,

·· The signal from a microphone is too small to be a useful input to BASIC Stamp without amplification.· You will need at least an Op-Amp to boost the signal to a useable.· One other option is a comparator, which can detect the small signal and has a TTL compatible output that can go HIGH or LOW based on the signal from the microphone.· These chips can usually come in a small 8-pin package.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • theyetheye Posts: 31
    edited 2005-07-30 01:59
    thats a good project but it is posible?