Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wireless programming using the LinkMatik SE.... — Parallax Forums

Wireless programming using the LinkMatik SE....

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2005-07-20 13:49 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I have gone over to the Flexipanel web site and did a little reading· about the above.

In reading somewhere, and I cannot find it again, I see that I will need a device that plugs into the USB port that will communicate with the LinkMatik SE.· What/where is this device available? (I assume it is some sort of Blue Tooth device.)·

Also in reading, and again I can't find the page again (it was a late reading night) ...it said that the USB port transceiver device that is used to communicate with the LinkMatik SE will not work with Windows XP because of something called a "Pass Key".· Is this true?

Thank you for your reading time and your time to answer..

Deno

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-07-20 12:18
    I would love to understand this thing better as well. I have probably looked at the LinkMatik site 50 times, and still don't fully "get it". I am surprised that it was developed with Parallax, yet Parallax is not selling or supporting it.

Parallax did say that they were aware of the market interest for wireless programming and debug, but did not give any indication as to when a product might be available.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-20 12:28
    That product (it is indeed Bluetooth) was developed independent of us; our PC->Stamp interface is published and anybody could develop a connection product. That said, we do have a relationship with this company and have recently received samples for analysis. No decision has been made at this time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2005-07-20 13:49
    Thank you Jon, and I know if and when Parallax comes out with a wireless programming device you will let us know thru Nuts and Volts. Until then....I'll do it the old fashion way.

Deno