Hi alll,

Are there any relays and solenoids that would work better with the BS2 ?·

Can anyone recommend any ?

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-19 18:29
    The choices are infinite -- you need to select a relay that has coil contacts rated (at least 200%) for your load. Then you'll need to put some kind of buffer between the BASIC Stamp and the relay coil; there are many choices there as well. What do you want to do?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • MaxiOmegaMaxiOmega Posts: 10
    edited 2005-07-20 02:54
    John,
    By using 40K in resistors into the base of a 547B transistor, biased with a 1meg resistor, you can use most common relays. Remember to use the two diodes around the coil to prevent AC current generation. This will only require 2.4 volts @ 4ma on an output from your stamp which will keep it running cool for the long extended duration.

Greg
  • jtrzjtrz Posts: 40
    edited 2005-07-20 03:04
    Thanks guys !

I now have a ping sensor circuit with an adjustable detection field (distance) using a pot and lighting up an LED when something is in the field.· That's basically 1/2 my circuit.

Specifically for the last 1/2, I'm looking to ring the alarm bell mechanism from an old alarm clock for the duration that the ping sensor is detecting something in the field.·

Anyone have any ideas ?· Is there maybe an electronic set of similar bells ?· I played around with the notion of doing this by playing a WAV file of the sound of the bells.· But the guy I'm building this for wants the actual bells to be rung.

Thanks,

John
  • MaxiOmegaMaxiOmega Posts: 10
    edited 2005-07-20 03:13
    The basic stamp does produce sound "sound" for bs1, "freqout" on the bs2. Parallax offers several amplified outputs to use with your stamp. Writing your own bell code could be interesting.