Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
electronic cricket and blink reader? — Parallax Forums

electronic cricket and blink reader?

sculpturekidsculpturekid Posts: 2
edited 2005-07-19 02:47 in BASIC Stamp
hello everyone, i am looking to use the basic stamp or other electronic or combination of devices to build two different projects. One invloves an electronic cricket. Basically i want to build a very small circuit, that will charge itself in the daytime, and at night emit a chirp. when someone approaches the chirp, it becomes quiet and an led turns on. Just like when you approach a cricket and it then becomes silent. i would like to build 5 to 10 of these so price is a concern. I am willing to pay someone to build them if the price is right but of course I also want to learn how to build these.
My second project involves a person coming up to look at the work and the work responds to the persons blinking. I have seen something similiar the measures vertical movement...I am stumped on this. Whenever the person blinks, the sculpture senses it, and it turn responds with a blink of its own. The blinking part i can handle, its the sensing part that is out of my league. Any help? Thanks, Mark

Comments

• AmaralAmaral Posts: 176
    edited 2005-07-18 21:20
    The electronic cricket is very ease to be build with the basic stamp, but when it comes to 10 pcs, price is a problem, these could be done without it, of course, but is very ease to do and test it with the BS, I use BS a lot to test some circuits and then try to reproduce then without it. ( since I don’t have many BS over here )
    You said that you want the cricket to stop when someone approaches, how close?

About the work, I really did not understood what it should do! ??? ?? ?? can you explain a little better, I’m not native English so that’s might be the problem;

Ricardo Amaral
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-07-18 21:50
    Here is a post for a cricket which starts when it's dark. The solar charger is a seperable circuit (unless you use the solar panel output as your darkness sensor). A robust person detector is a bit more complex, I'll leave others to discuss the pros and cons of various strategies.

I too cannot think of a robust blink detector which wouldn't require the user to wear a headset.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • sculpturekidsculpturekid Posts: 2
    edited 2005-07-19 02:47
    I looked up the "blink" sensors and the only ones I could find were those made for people with disabilities which run $500 to $600...way too much for me. I was also thinking of a whiteness detector? any ideas? I did find a cricket sound board for $10, now just trying to figure out how to do the solar cell. The board turns on at night time, so the other sensor I want to add is when someone gets close, like 2 or 3 feet. Could this be done with hear...or motion maybe?