Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Self leveling platform w/ a memsic 2125 and servos — Parallax Forums

Self leveling platform w/ a memsic 2125 and servos

HarryHarry Posts: 9
edited 2005-07-15 20:35 in BASIC Stamp
I am new to the basic stamp but I am hoping for some guidance.

Has anybody tried making a small self leveling·platform using a tilt sensor (memsic 2125) and servos? Would I need to use stepper motors to get·a level value returned from the memsic 2125?

I'm thinking of using logic similar to the following:

If the value returned by the memsic 2125 on the x axis is greater than·800 then the servo will rotate the platform so many pulses in·a direction until the memsic returns a level value.

If the memsic 2125 was to return a value less than·800 then the servo would rotate the platform in the opposite direction.

The Y-axis would be handled in a·similar manner. Any help or direction to literature on the subject would be appreciated.

Thank you

Harry

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-13 18:34
    The logic is sound ... time to start coding.· If you use servos to level the platform you should be able to make a near-direct move to level based on the axis values returned by the Memsic.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • HarryHarry Posts: 9
    edited 2005-07-15 20:09
    Mr. Williams,

So you're saying I should be able to extrapolate the values from the memsic in to pulse values for the servos to make a "near-direct" move to level?

Thank you

Harry E. Edmondson
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-07-15 20:35
    I would think so, yes. Of course, you have a closed loop system so you can always put it into a loop and move toward level.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax