H.

BS22BS22 Posts: 3
edited 2005-07-09 01:10 in BASIC Stamp
Hello.

Post Edited (BS22) : 7/18/2005 12:05:36 AM GMT

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-07-08 22:56
    Where did the code come from·when you·first downloaded it?··Where did you purchase the robot and components from?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-07-08 22:56
    BS22, the pictures don't help as much as schematics of what you have built. Is this a kit that you have purchased, or something that you put together yourself?

If this is from a kit you purchased, then you should be able to get more info from where you purchased it. If this is just a bot you put together, can you show schematics for what you've built?

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-08 22:58
    Aw Dave, you beat me to it! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

It looks like a 2e in the picture...

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-08 23:10
    LostboY said...
    Aw Dave, you beat me to it! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

It looks like a 2e in the picture...

Ryan
    Yes, it is a BS2e, which has the same timing as the BS2.· Therefore, the sample codes for each device should work just fine if the customer can find them?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 7/8/2005 11:20:08 PM GMT
    edited 2005-07-08 23:18
    Well, I found the site that the original graphics were from...the next step carrier board is sold all over the place...

BS22? Where did you get your parts from?

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-08 23:23
    We only carry the BS2e which is shown in one of your·pictures.· We need more information to go on in order to help you with the code.· Do you have any documentation that you can provide us regarding the external devices?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-07-08 23:25
    That's the problem, we can't send you code for something we don't have a schematic for. I can't see from any of those pictures how your bot is connected. You have individual pictures showing parts, no interconnections.

You don't have invoices, emails or any info on where you got your parts from?

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-08 23:29
    Just a thought- try the source of your pictures...where did you get them?

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-08 23:45
    I just went to Lynx motion and found the souce code for the first device pictured.· Here is a link for the BS2 code which will work with the BS2e:· http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/data/irpd-v7.pdf .· The information is there for the devices.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-07-08 23:46
    Parallax doesn't have 'source code' for something they don't produce. I am sure however that there are a number of people here in the forums that would be more than willing to help you get code written for your project. May I suggest the following:

*get the documentation from lynxmotion on your products and read through it
    *google for other products that may use your same hardware (you can often find code examples this way as well)-
    *really try to remember where you got your products from- you sould be able to find again any source code that you may have had before- how did you get it originally? From a CD included with your hardware? Downloaded somewhere?
    *try putting together simple tasks yourself, and use the forum to help you , rather than just asking for code- we don't have 'your code'- but this may be a good time to learn about your components-

Yeah I found the per-part code from Lynxmotion- that's why I suggested getting the docs (they generally include code)-

Ryan
    edited 2005-07-09 00:03
    Just take the symbols and convert them to variables.· The rest of the code should be fine?· you can post a file of the code to let other people help with the conversion of it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-07-09 01:10
    You can copy the code from the Lynxmotion website and paste it into a Word doc. and then save it to your desk top and then you can use the "Attachment Manager" feature of our forum to upload the Word doc.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·