Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boat-Bot — Parallax Forums

Boat-Bot

Joe BobJoe Bob Posts: 2
edited 2005-06-30 16:41 in Robotics
How the heck do you rewire a Reefskimmer 3000 to a BoBot board without screwing up the machinery inside the boat. confused.gifI can't tell what the orange cord goes to. smhair.gif·i have no idea about electronic but I have to do this for a project. mad.gif·We are working like four hours a day on this but can't get it right. freaked.gif so if anyone can give me a schemetec on a 3000 Reefskimer I would be really happy and giv them like a bunch of money.·smilewinkgrin.gif So please someone help me I need to get this done and I haveno idea what to do. shocked.gif I'm goin crazy here. help jumpin.gif

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-30 14:47
    Google is your friend -- give it a try. The Reefskimmer 3000 is not a Parallax product so you may not find a bunch of users here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Joe BobJoe Bob Posts: 2
    edited 2005-06-30 15:04
    Hey man gogle is not a schematac·nono.gif·I need one badly so could someone please help me. sorry for asking for help but im going crazy her because i got 2 get it done and i have no idea how to do it. believe me im like the collest kid in my school so if you help me you will be cool.smile.gif
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-30 15:49
    No, Google is a Search Engine which is useful for finding such things. Here's a thought: contact the folks who make the Reefskimmer (which isn't Parallax) for a schematic. Once you have that, we can help you connect our BASIC Stamp to their product.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-06-30 16:41
    Is this the product you are referring to?

Ripmax-Reef-skimmer%20m.jpg

Its operation should be fairly standard, likely you have a DC motor for the drive and a servo to control direction. The wires should be nearly self explanatory, the DC motor will have two wires connected to a circuit, that circuit will likely be an H bridge, you want to control the input to the H bridge. The servo will have 3 wires from it, Vdd, Vss and the control pin, there is ample·examples in various Parallax documents on how to control a servo. If you are at all confused, taping into a line and testing its voltage while operating the transmitter should help clarify which wire is which. Sometimes reverse engineering a device is your best bet (I think that is what the teacher is trying to get you to learn, I suspect your teacher expects you to figure it out without having to look at a schematic of the product, else they would have provided you one).