Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Final Project — Parallax Forums

Final Project

linexpertlinexpert Posts: 1
edited 2005-06-26 22:40 in Robotics
Hello,smile.gif
I am taking a class in which we make boe bots and such. For the final project we have to build something with the boe-bot kit and i need some help coming up with stuff.

currently, i am thinking of making a future car which follows a black line(the road), detects for other vehicals and such in front, follows the trafic light, and it stops if there is an emergency vehical arround(cop cars, fire trucks, ets.)

here is how the functions listed above are going to work:
  1. follow the black line - i will use 2 photo cell to follow the black line
  2. detect the other vehicals on the road or in front of you - i will use IR detectors for this
  3. follow the trafic light - i will have an extra photo cell on the top if the trafic light is on that means the car should stop else the car keeps moving
  4. look for emergency vehicals and stop if you see one - i will be able to use the photo cell from the trafic light function for this (the emergency vehical will have a light on the top so the car will stop when the light is on)

I need help thinking of more things that i can make this car do.
Can someone please post some ideas about what things i can add to this car. cry.gif

(keep in mind that i do not have any extra accesories i have to use what i have and that is·photo cells, ir sensors, speakers, servos, leds, and whiskers)

thanks for your timeturn.gif

Post Edited (linexpert) : 6/26/2005 9:01:07 PM GMT

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-26 22:40
    If you have the standard Boe-Bot kit, you can·use the piezo speaker and LEDs to perform different sounds and·light·functions for each sensor.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    [noparse][[/noparse]url]Http://www.parallax.com[noparse][[/noparse]/url]

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 6/27/2005 4:12:23 PM GMT